"Undo" button is disabled in MS Office WORD and OUTLOOK - Microsoft Community

"Undo" button is disabled in MS Office WORD and OUTLOOK - Microsoft Community

Looking for:

Undo won't work MS Word on Windows 10 - Microsoft Community. 













































     


Undo, redo, or repeat an action - Your Answer



 

If, by doing this, it eliminates the problem, will it also eliminate the problem when I use headers or footers? Suzanne S. Barnhill MVP. The usual reason for this is that you have Overtype mode on instead of Insert. In reply to Suzanne S. Barnhill's post on August 25, Hi Suzanne, Can you tell me where I need to navigate to, to change it please?

In reply to Heathside boy's post on August 25, Usually pressing the Insert or INS key on the keyboard will toggle it. But go to File Options Advanced and, under Editing options , make sure that "Use overtype mode" is not checked. If you want to be able to toggle it with the Insert key, check the box for "Use the Insert key to control overtype mode. You can still toggle it from the status bar if you add the Overtype button right-click on the status bar and click on Overtype to add it ; since it also displays the current state of the toggle, it is useful even if you do leave the Insert key enabled.

In reply to Heathside boy's post on August 27, If Overtype mode was not enabled, then it was not the cause of the problem. If you have enabled it in Options and have not enabled "Use the Insert key to control overtype mode," then you have no way to toggle from Overtype to Insert except to return to the Options dialog, which is pretty inefficient.

Even though, when I press the file tab, Word shows my file saving every two minutes, when the program "white screens", for lack of a better term, I know that I've lost everything I've done since my last hard save. I have the invite to upgrade to Office , but I'm scared the glitches there may be worse. If I can't get this fixed, and fixed soon, I will have clients whose edits are incomplete, therefore losing income. Possibly a dumb question, but is there anything to be undone?

When you first open a document, the Undo button is always disabled. It is not until you have changed the document in some way that there is anything to be undone and the button should then become enabled. Then reinstall Office by logging into www. If you actually have Office locally installed rather than the subscription version provided through Office , then you can't get Office through your Microsoft Account. Details required : characters remaining Cancel Submit 2 people found this reply helpful.

I can't speak for Kathryn, but the undo button doesn't work when I've typed or deleted text within a document while in the midst of it. It isn't that it just isn't present when I open a doc, obviously it wouldn't be highlighted if I have no words that have been altered. I have yet to attempt to uninstall and reinstall, but I guess that's my next step. After which, I fear, I'll have the same returning problem as Kathryn did.

If you have Office Professional Plus , it will be locally installed and you will need the Product Key to re-install it. Make sure that you have that before removing your present version. Before uninstalling and re-installing, I would try repairing the Office installation as detailed in the Knowledge Base article at:.

Also try starting Word in Safe Mode by holding down the CTRL key while starting it until asked to confirm that you want to start it in Safe Mode and see if the problem then exists. If it does not, it indicates that there is probably an Add-in that it causing the issue.

I would also try renaming the Normal. No dumb questions, remember. It will turn blue for a scant second before graying out again. When it is blue, if I click it, it doesn't work. I use Office on the annual subscription. I uninstalled and reinstalled yesterday, but will do so today, using the Fix It option.

Fingers crossed it works, because I'm really getting tired of losing hours of work when Word freezes without recovering. Choose where you want to search below Search Search the Community. Save, Redo, and Speak still function properly.

Since Windows 10 upgrade, any program I open uses so much memory and CPU, typing and deleting are jerky and slow, so I use undo a lot. What the heck??? This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread. I have the same question In Registry Editor, expand one of the following registry subkeys, as appropriate for the version of Excel that you are running:. Start Excel. Excel stores an undo history for the number of actions that you specified in step 7.

Customize the Quick Access Toolbar Windows. Configure or turn off automatic text formatting AutoFormat. You can't undo some actions, such as clicking commands on the File menu or saving a file. Or, click Redo in the upper-left corner of the ribbon. In Word for the web, PowerPoint for the web, and Excel for the web, you can undo or redo basic actions. More advanced options are available in desktop versions of Office. If you can't undo an action, the Undo command is dimmed. Advanced: Modify the undo limit.

Or, click Undo in the upper-left corner of the ribbon. Need more help? Expand your skills. Get new features first. Was this information helpful? Yes No.

   

 

Microsoft word 2016 undo button disabled free



    Yes No. Sorry this didn't help. Hello, Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. Sign up using Facebook. You may start Office Word application in safe mode using the following link and check if it works as expected. Charles Kenyon Volunteer Moderator. When you say they are disabled, do you mean that they show on the QAT but clicking on them does nothing?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

- Windows vista home basic safe mode free

Windows vista home basic product key 32 bit free -

- Visual Studio Older Downloads - , , & Previous Versions